This is the Mark2 Floor Stand by Hearthside. I have had my eye on this baby for several years now and finally decided to take the plunge and order it. I am LOVING this stand BIG TIME! It straddles my new chair perfectly and all you have to do is just flip it to get to the back of your work. I don't have to loosen anything. Right now you are seeing my Venice wip on there and yes I do have a ways to go yet to get part 1 done. My project box is sitting on the tray that comes with the stand and this is working out nicely too. There is also a chart holder that hooks up to it but I did not care for that. I did try it but I like my chart to be closer to me then what it provided and it obstructed my view of the TV. The little green bag you see there is for my orts but that did not come with the stand. I did purchase an extra "head" so that I can switch out my projects more easily. This means the whole flipping unit will come off. This way I don't have to take my project off of the scroll rods which is a bit too fiddly for me. Purchasing the extra head allows me to just unscrew two knobs, pull the unit off and slip the other head on with my Chinese Garden project that I will be starting just as soon as I get my kit from ECC.

2 comments:

Joysze said...

Gonna have to think about getting me one of these soon. How's the tension on it? LOVE the green wall, btw. :D

Anonymous said...

do you still like the floor stand?